The Conversation Media Group Ltd ACN 142 923 653 (TCMG) is committed to protecting the privacy of our contributors, readers and advertisers. TCMG is bound by the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act).
Collection and use of personal information
TCMG will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. For example, TCMG may collect personal information when you:
- sign up your organisation to post an ad on The Conversation Job Board;
- sign up as a contributor to or create a profile on The Conversation;
- join a conversation or comment on someone else’s article or contribution to The Conversation;
- participate in a survey or provide feedback to The Conversation.
Disclosure of personal information
If you sign up as a contributor to The Conversation, TCMG will publish your contributor profile, which may include personal information, on The Conversation.
If you join a conversation or comment on someone else’s article or contribution, TCMG will publish your post, which may include personal information, on The Conversation, such as your name and position.
Other than these situations, TCMG will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- to third parties which assist TCMG to operate The Conversation (in which case TCMG requires these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services);
- in exceptional circumstances, TCMG may be required or authorised by law to disclose personal information, for example to law enforcement authorities or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; or
- otherwise with your consent.
Handling of personal information
TCMG will take all reasonable steps to protect all personal information held by it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Accessing your personal information
Any person may seek access to personal information that TCMG holds about that person, and we will provide access to that information in accordance with the Act. There are certain exemptions, which may apply to the provision of that information. We may require that the person requesting access provide suitable identification and we may charge an administration fee for granting access to information. Requests to access personal information held by TCMG should be addressed to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns about TCMG’s collection, use or disclosure of personal information, email TCMG at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: October 2011