UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia's leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting
- FREE Onsite GYM, pool and Indoor Sports Centre
- A strong commitment to staff development and learning
- A strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
- Location: Canberra, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
Archivist - Special Collections
The UNSW Canberra Special Collections were established in 1985 and consist of 3 km of Australian literary, political and military manuscripts and rare books. Our Special Collections are available for UNSW students and staff as well as external researchers from outside the university. Our strategic focus is improving client access to collections in supporting the research, teaching and learning needs of UNSW Canberra, and boosting external access in the long term.
About the role
- Level 6: $87,033-$92,843 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rated)
Level 7: $95,462-$103,318 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rated)
Fixed Term 12-month contract starting in February 2020
- Part-time (14 hours per week)
A unique part-time opportunity has arisen for an experienced Archivist to join the expanding Special Collections Team at UNSW Canberra. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to contribute to strategic and operational projects and play a key role in developing and managing manuscript collections, as well as the opportunity to undertake promotional and outreach activities to facilitate use of Special Collections materials in the activities of UNSW Canberra and by external clients.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree in archival practice or other relevant discipline (cultural heritage; librarianship; museology; records management; arts or humanities especially Australian literature, film or theatre, military history, defence studies, Australian political history) with relevant experience.
- Experience working with archival manuscript collections and systems, and an understanding of functions associated with acquisition, care and archival control of special collection materials in a range of formats.
- Ability to participate in process improvement for access to collections, and the provision and promotion of effective, responsive reference services, both on-line and in person.
- Knowledge and understanding of archival collection management systems and specialist software tools, such as AtoM, ArchivesSpace, TRIM, LibAnswers, or other comparable or complementary systems, and an ability to learn and implement new systems.
How to Apply: If you are an Archivist that enjoys project work as well as collection management please submit your CV, cover letter and responses to the selection criteria.
Eugene Aves, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Ph: 02 9385 3475
Professor Nicole Moore, Associate Dean Special Collections
T: 02 6268 8856
Applications close: 11:30 pm (AEST), Sunday 12th January 2020
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity Any questions about the application process - please contact Eugene Aves or email [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com "")