- Help build our University City of the Future- Transformational and rewarding role
- Join a forward thinking and innovative organisation
- $119,198 + up to 17% superannuation
Over the next decade, La Trobe University is evolving into a world-class University City of the Future at the 235 hectare Melbourne campus in Bundoora. The new infrastructure will turn the campus 'inside out' and welcome the local community onto the campus as a place to live, learn, work, socialise and stay healthy. The University City of the Future will see La Trobe's campus become the engine room for jobs and economic development in Melbourne's North.
About the role
Reporting to the Director Stakeholder and Communications, The Community Relations Manager will provide high level advice to University leaders to maintain and grow our relations with communities across Melbourne's North.
This newly created role will undertake engagement with local governments, community groups, neighbourhood groups and other similar bodies to build relationships as La Trobe develops and grows.
You will develop an understanding of the University's objectives and ensure communication strategies and operational activities align accordingly.
Skills & Experience
To be successful you will have:
- A relevant degree and/or relevant combination of education and extensive relevant experience in the stakeholder relations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing a coherent external and internal engagement programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- A strong record of building effective stakeholder partnerships and working relationships
- Proven record of developing innovative solutions and practical implementations for strategic change.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build sound working relationships.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 10th of December 2019
Please attach a covering letter outlining your suitability and a resume
Position Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org, TEL: 9479 5837 Email: email@example.com
Position Description below:
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Senior Recruitment Business Partner Caitlin Hosking on 9479 1324 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs