- Teaching and Research
- Full time, 3-year fixed term position
- Based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $95,432 - $112,697 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
The School of Allied Health, Human Services and Sport, is the largest education and training provider of its kind in Australia and comprises the disciplines of Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology, Audiology, Occupational Therapy, Podiatry, Prosthetics and Orthotics, Dietetics & Human Nutrition, Orthoptics, Social Work and Social Policy, and Sport and Exercise Science (including Sport Analytics and Sport Coaching and Development).
About the role
The incumbent to this position will be affiliated with the Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science. As part of this position, the incumbent will teach into the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science and the Master of Sport Analytics degrees within the School of Allied Health, Human Services and Sport. This will include the development of curriculum, subject coordination and delivery of undergraduate subjects in sport analytics and data science. It is expected that a Level B academic would contribute to the discipline's research effort including attracting research income, and the supervision of higher degree students. As a member of the discipline's staff, the incumbent may be called upon to contribute to strategic projects within the discipline.
Skills & Experience
- Completion of a PhD or relevant qualifications plus extensive professional experience recognised by the University as appropriate for the position;
- Experience in data science, statistics and analytics related to sport and exercise science;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching with the ability to design, deliver and coordinate subjects;
- Evidence of innovative initiatives undertaken that have improved the student experience;
- Being a member of Exercise and Sports Science Australia or other relevant discipline professional body is highly desierable.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Tuesday 31 December 2019
Position Enquiries: Professor Paul Gastin, Professor of Sport and Exercise Science, Ph: +61 3 9479 1982, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 559122 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.