- Join our vibrant School of Vocational Design and Social Context
- Ongoing part time position (0.5) based at RMITs City Campus
- Interviews to commence week commencing 16th of December
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
School of Vocational Design and Social Context
The DSC Vocational Education School delivers a range of educational programs from Certificates to Associate Degrees and industry training
The School consists of three clusters:
- Media, Art and Communication (including Visual Arts, Digital Media, Music Industry, Screenwriting, Writing and Photography)
- Design and Technology (including Building Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Fashion & Textile Technology, Fashion Merchandising, Visual Merchandising and Interior design)
- Social Futures (including Social Care, Translating and Interpreting, Tertiary Preparation Education and Teacher Education Preparation, Youth Work, Community Services, Alcohol and Other Drugs and Future Social Services related programs)
With outstanding industry links, strong pathways and excellent vocational achievements, most of the Schools academic programs are leaders in the market and in high demand. We aim to ensure every student has a transformative experience to prepare them for life and work in the growing professional areas of the future.
As a VE Teacher, you will be mainly responsible for the delivery of course material, assessing students and the supervision of students enrolled in selected courses in the School. The role requires participation in the Schools continuing reviews of course content and development, delivery, teaching methods (including on-line delivery methods) and methods of students assessment. You will also follow the prescribed university processes and timelines to ensure programs meet regulatory compliance and quality requirements. Working as a member of the program teaching team you will design, develop, deliver and evaluate the teaching materials, products and services to meet the needs of enterprises, industry and students and ensure current and emerging industry requirements are met as applicable. You will interact with external organisations, industry groups and RMIT teaching and administration staff. Your performance will be underpinned by participation in relevant activities which ensure your vocational competence meets and/or exceeds the education level being delivered and assessed.
Skills & Experience Required
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate strong industry links with current Visual Arts Practice. Knowledge to be able to deliver contemporary vocational competences. Ideally, you will be a versatile practitioner with experience across the creative industries with a focus on areas such as painting and drawing but can include other visual art disciplines. Vocational Education Teachers are required to meet all the following minimum standards.
- Vocational Competencies
The appointee must be able to demonstrate vocational competencies at least to the level of those delivered.
- Assessment and Delivery Competencies
The appointee must hold:
TAE40116 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or its successor; or TAE40110 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus the following units:
- TAELLN411 or TAELLN401A and
TAEASS502 or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B as a minimum qualification
To appoint a teacher at a classification of Teacher 3.1 or above, the appointee must hold a professional teaching qualification, defined as a qualification at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 5 Diploma or above which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodology or equivalent qualification accepted by the University. Currently the qualification that RMIT recognises and supports is the TAE50111 Diploma of VET. Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Bring your whole self to work:
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond. Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest for this role. Applications close Tuesday 10th of December and interviews will be held w/c 16th of December.