- Fixed term position until December 2021
- Teacher Level 4.2 $88,624 - Level 5 $95,725 + superannuation
- Convenient CBD location
RMIT University enjoys an international reputation for excellence in professional and vocational education, applied and innovative research, and engagement with the needs of industry and the community. The School of Vocational Engineering, Health and Sciences offers a diverse range of certificate, diploma and sub-bachelor programs, and provides opportunities for students to extend their learning across the entire spectrum of vocational and higher education both within the College and beyond. With strong education links to industry, the school conducts a number of large-scale training contracts.
Why RMIT? Our Culture
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. Be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices. For further information about RMIT culture & benefits please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits We provide professional development and a collegiate environment. We offer a diversity of programs and our brand and our reputation is enhanced by strong industry links. Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- The launch of our second Reconciliation Plan, Dhumbah Goorowa- a "commitment to share" - an important step in our reconciliation journe
- Details about the College may be found at: www.rmit.edu.au/seh
Join RMIT to make a difference as a VET Teacher and assist our students as you prepare and deliver their teaching programs, in a range of contemporary VET settings. You will be responsible for the delivery of course material, assessment of students and their supervision. Participation in the Schools continuing reviews of course content and development, delivery, teaching methods (including on-line delivery methods) and methods of students assessment will also form part of this role.
You will have the ability to prepare and teach programs, including via online delivery, and have experience in current and contemporary vocational competency-based assessment. To effectively deliver, you will have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills which will enable you to present and facilitate flexible teaching methods. In addition, you will have a demonstrated capacity to diagnose learning problems in students and find effective and supportive solutions to assist them. You will also have a collaborative approach as you work with others including industry groups and RMIT staff to help build a better teaching experience for our students. For these positions, the successful candidate will have either a Certificate IV or Diploma from the TAE Training and Education Training Package, (Cert IV TAE40110/6 or Dip VET TAE50111/6) and or including mandatory TAE units TAELLN411 and TAEASS502 The candidate should have relevant industry experience in information technology, and a relevant qualification at Bachelor level or higher.
To view a position description and to learn more about the position, please visit RMIT University Careers website and search for job no 584301.
Applications close 11:00pm on Sunday 8 December 2019.
Applicants are requested to provide a current CV, a letter outlining their suitability to the role, and evidence (transcript) of TAE qualifications.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check. RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.