- Help deliver an outstanding student experience for all students
- Contribute to the Universities strategic goals, embedding sector leading support programs
- $111,473.00-$ 118,095.00 + up to 17% superannuation
In this role
You will provide strategic and operational support to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Students to enable the achievement of the Universities strategic objectives. You will be accountable for the provision of complex and proactive executive support to senior University-level stakeholders, providing professional guidance and advice from the office of the DVC Students. You will lead the analysis and assessment of complex issues and work collaboratively with leaders across the Students Division to implement solutions to challenging and complex issues that impact and truly make a difference to the student experience.
To succeed, you will possess:
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in research, analysis and problem solving within a complex multifaceted environment, with the ability to identify and implement innovative solutions and improvements or postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding issues facing student transition, retention, employability and success in higher education
- Demonstrated capacity to take a strategic role and exercise sound financial and business planning decisions, partnering and influencing senior management and stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills and experience in negotiating, communicating and presenting to various stakeholders
- Demonstrated skills and experience in researching, analysing and resolving complex problems; including sensitive matters.
Closing date: 12th of December 2019
Position Enquiries: Jessica Vanderlelie (email@example.com)
Accountable, innovative, connected, caring
For over 50 years, La Trobe has been one of Australia's pioneering universities. We are now recognised as one of the world's leading universities, and our success is a direct result of our world-class research and teaching - and the talent and commitment of our people.
Our university culture is safe, inclusive, accountable and everyone is respected and supported to be their best. We are globally connected, we care about what we do and why we do it, and we drive innovation.
Join us at La Trobe, where today's uncertainties are tomorrows possibilities.
- 17% Super
- Staff development and training
- Employee assistance programs
- Access to competitive Health funds
- Salary packaging
- Onsite child care facilities at our beautiful Bundoora campus
- Flexible work arrangements
Sound Good? Here's how to apply
Submit a cover letter outlining why you are the best candidate for the role, and an up to date copy of your resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria. Good luck!
Position Description below:
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Caitlin Hosking, Senior Recruitment Business Partner on 9479 1324
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs