- Bundoora West Location
- Fixed-Term Contract, Flexible FTE, Level B
- $96, 564 - $114, 672 p.a. +17% Super
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. The School of Health and Biomedical Sciences comprises three Academic Clusters (Allied Health, Applied Health, and Biomedical Sciences). Primarily based at the RMIT Bundoora campus, we undertake teaching and research across ten disciplines: Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Exercise Science, Human Biosciences, Laboratory Medicine, Medical Radiations, Nursing, Osteopathy, Pharmacy and Psychology.
Why RMIT? Our Culture
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices. For further information about RMIT culture & benefits please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits About the Role
As an Industry Fellow will contribute to the teaching efforts of the School within the Nursing discipline. More specifically, you will predominantly be responsible for teaching activities in the Maternal, Child and Family Health program as well as the undergraduate and postgraduate programs where appropriate. You will be encouraged to actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships within academia, industry and professional communities. You will also play a key role in the School with a focus on course co-ordination and will provide leave relief support directly for the program co-ordinator for the Maternal, Child and Family Health program. As an Industry Fellow, you will also contribute to planning for field placements by working closely with clinical agencies and the RMIT Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Team. This role requires you to anticipate, report, and to provide timely advice regarding but not limited to issues with student progress and problems with learning and teaching supports. You will work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics within the teaching team, and update colleagues and students on developments in their subject area or specialisation.
- Experience in the coordination, preparation and delivery of courses in the Maternal, Child and Family Health program and where relevant, other undergraduate and postgraduate courses, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with students, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and external agencies to generate clinical placements for RMIT students.
- Professional practice within the previous five years and experience working within the higher education sector to deliver programs with a Maternal, Child and Family Health focus.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board Australia as a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife.
- Evidence of a Post Graduate Qualification in Maternal Child and Family Health
- PhD or evidence of extensive industry engagement as a registered nurse (for level B appointment).
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond. Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this role. Candidates are requested to separately address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description. For any enquires please contact Sonja Cleary on +61 3 99257446 PD_Industry Fellow in Nursing_50022951.pdf Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check Applications close on the 6th of December. RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.