The Program Manager - Research oversights a team responsible for a group of related research focused projects and enhancement initiatives (including their interdependencies) in a coordinated manner to obtain benefits not available from managing them individually.
The team works with research focused business units, to develop change programs and projects in designated areas, leading to the delivery of sound business cases, and ensuring all the approved projects and enhancement initiatives are being successfully managed to completion.
The scope of responsibility for this role encompasses business opportunities, projects and system releases lead by the Research & Academic Services Department, with a specific focus on research related support services. Additionally the role will manage regular testing of business service continuity processes - engaging with the wider IS Division and relevant business groups.
What you will be doing
- Lead a team of business analysts (and, as required, other assigned staff).
- In conjunction with the business, support and progress the development and approval of medium to large projects through the required governance bodies for the Idea/Concept and Business Case project phases.
- Develop annual and multi year plans in alignment with business and technology architecture roadmaps and University strategy.
- Lead and manage the planning and delivery of key operational projects and enhancement initiatives, for the portfolio.
- Manage team/s to ensure program business objectives are achieved on time and within budget.
You will be a highly motivated individual, with a strong capability to multi-task. You will possess solid organisational and interpersonal skills. Ideally you will also be able to operate as a bridge linking technology and business focused audiences in a seamless manner to align and deliver positive outcomes. You will also have a strong passion for research support operations and services to support Research excellence
- Extensive experience and skills in program and project management for medium to large, complex IT programs or projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of business cases, leading business analysis and managing medium to large-scale initiatives.
- Experience and skills in leading and governing business and enterprise program and projects in an IT environment.
- Desirable to have knowledge and / or experience in Higher Education sector, specifically Research.
Accountable, innovative, connected, caring
For over 50 years, La Trobe has been one of Australia's pioneering universities. We are now recognised as one of the world's leading universities, and our success is a direct result of our world-class research and teaching - and the talent and commitment of our people.
Our university culture is safe, inclusive, accountable and everyone is respected and supported to be their best. We are globally connected, we care about what we do and why we do it, and we drive innovation.
Join us at La Trobe, where today's uncertainties are tomorrows possibilities.
- 17% Super!
- Staff development and training
- Employee assistance programs
- Access to discounted Health funds
- Salary packaging
- Onsite child care facilities at our beautiful Bundoora campus
- Flexible work arrangements
Sound Good? Here's how to apply
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume. Good luck!
Position Descriptions below:
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to obtain or currently hold a valid Working with Children Check.