About the role:
ACAP is seeking an established academic for a full time, ongoing Lecturer Level D position in the Discipline of Counselling. The successful candidate is expected to make original and innovative contributions to the advancement of scholarship, research and teaching within the Counselling discipline and the broader College and will play a significant role within their profession. The contribution to teaching of Level D academics will be at all AQF Levels. A Level D academic will make an outstanding contribution to the governance and collegial life inside and outside of the College and will have attained recognition at a national or international level in the discipline.
The candidate we seek will ideally have:
- A PhD or EdD in an area of study relevant to counselling.
- A qualification from an appropriate cognate discipline and professional experience deemed by the college to be equivalent in combination to at least one AQF level above that of the course they are required to deliver may be considered.
- Membership of relevant professional associations such as ICF, PACFA, ACA, or equivalent.
- Statement of Duties
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Discipline of Counselling at the campus and national level
- Board experience in developing quality counselling and coaching curriculum and assessments at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Proven, sustainable experience in developing, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating counselling and / or coaching Discipline subjects at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels.
- Student-focussed 21st century approach to developing flexible and transferable knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Conducting scholarly and/or disciplinary research.
- Reflecting on teaching delivery and obtaining and analysing feedback as a means of improving their teaching practice.
- Participating in formal professional development activities designed to enhance teaching practice.
- Curating and developing their own teaching resources, methods and approaches.
- Course coordination.
- Other high-level administrative functions connected with a range of Courses.
- Providing students advice on study skills.
- Undertake academic supervision of research projects within the postgraduate courses
- Mentoring mid-career academic staff.
- Providing academic leadership through planning and development of new curriculum.
- Chairing inter-Disciplinary and College-level committees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with academics, administration staff, and sessional teachers.
- Proficient in the use of industry specific software / hardware and processes.
- Excellent understanding of transferable skills.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Formal qualifications of a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching or Higher Education or similar will be highly regarded.
What we can do for you:
- Career progression and leadership development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Mobility within the organisation and locations
- Staff study scholarship 75% for all courses
- First class modern facilities
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
We are ACAP, the Australian College of Applied Psychology. We are a tertiary education institute that specialises in psychology, counselling, social work and criminology and part of the Navitas Group.
35 years ago we opened our doors and sought to provide aspiring practitioners a modern approach to understanding the human mind and behaviour, through applied learning. This approach to teaching is what makes us different. It’s why curious minds choose to learn and develop their skills with us. ACAP is proud to hold Self Accrediting Authority with TEQSA and 7 year registration with ASQA, in both cases quality indicators with regulators for the education sector in Australia.
We were the first non-university higher education provider to offer a range of qualifications recognised by the Australian Psychological Accreditation Council (APAC). Our range of courses are also recognise by The Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA), The International Coach Federation (ICF) and the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW). Our smaller classes and flexible studying options help each student navigate their journey in their own way. Visit acap.edu.au.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
For enquiries about the role, please contact Margaret-Anne Carter on +61 7 3234 4407.
Applications close on Friday, 6/12/2019 at 5:00pm however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
For further information or to view other opportunities, please visit navitas.com/careers Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and undergo criminal records and working with children check.