The Operational Services department supports the whole of Information Services through the provision of contract, financial, procurement and asset management services. Also included within this department is responsibility for the business planning.
Within the Operational Service department IS Asset roles manage and administer IS software, desktop equipment and mobile device assets within La Trobe University. This includes procurement, renewals and licensing.
What you will be doing
- Maintaining a detailed inventory of the University's software and hardware assets and applying the gathered information in decision making for IS-related purchases and redistribution.
- Optimise usage and cost of IS software and desktop hardware deployments, including eliminating waste and increasing efficiency by making the best use of existing IS asset resources and avoiding asset purchases that are unnecessary.
- Collaborate with other IS asset owners to determine trends in asset performance (usage and costs) to inform decision making for IS-related purchases, redistribution and decomission.
- Applying a continuous improvement approach in enhancing the strategies employed in technology spending.
- Developing and maintaining documented processes, policies, standards, systems and measurements that help the University to effectively manage, both on a daily and long-term basis, its IS asset portfolio (software and technology-related hardware) with regards to cost, control, risk, compliance, governance and performance objectives.
You are a proactive individual that enjoys a vibrant work environment. You will be a good communicator with strong interpersonal skills and experience engaging with various levels of an organisation. You will possess strong organisational skills and work through challenges collaboratively.
- Strong knowledge of IT software, desktop hardware and mobile device equipment as well as strong experience working as an IT asset analyst.
- Demonstrated experience of IT Asset Management (relating to hardware asset management and software asset management, including corresponding contractural agreements).
- Strong vendor management and negotiation skills.
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Management processes.
Accountable, innovative, connected, caring
For over 50 years, La Trobe has been one of Australia's pioneering universities. We are now recognised as one of the world's leading universities, and our success is a direct result of our world-class research and teaching - and the talent and commitment of our people.
Our university culture is safe, inclusive, accountable and everyone is respected and supported to be their best. We are globally connected, we care about what we do and why we do it, and we drive innovation.
Join us at La Trobe, where today's uncertainties are tomorrows possibilities.
- 17% Super!
- Staff development and training
- Employee assistance programs
- Access to discounted Health funds
- Salary packaging
- Onsite child care facilities at our beautiful Bundoora campus
- Flexible work arrangements
Sound Good? Here's how to apply
Submit a written cover letter including examples against the key selection criteria, an up to date copy of your resume. Good luck!
Position Description below:
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to obtain or currently hold a valid Working with Children Check.