About the role:
ACAP is seeking an established academic for a full time, ongoing Lecturer Level D position in the School of Psychological sciences. The successful candidate will have a record of success in teaching, and will be responsible for contributing primarily to undergraduate coursework teaching, Honours and Postgraduate Research supervision. The post holder will act as the Discipline Lead on Campus and support the growth and development of the discipline at ACAP.
The candidate we seek will ideally have:
- PhD qualification in an area of psychology (essential)
- Eligibility for membership of the Australian Psychological Society
- A proven record of successful teaching and curriculum design in higher education settings in an area relevant to psychology
- A strong track record of successfully undertaking administrative roles linked to teaching and research
- A proven track record of conducting research leading to publications in high quality, peer reviewed journals
- Ability to successfully supervise student research (Honours and postgraduate level)
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated computer literacy including competence in using word processing, spreadsheet and statistical analysis software
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety policies of relevance to the work environment
- Ability to contribute to other areas of teaching within the Discipline of Psychological Sciences
- Ability to develop links with external public and private sector organizations
- Experience with mixed modes of program delivery including distance education and online delivery, or both
- Experience of teaching at the postgraduate level
What we can do for you:
- Career progression and leadership development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Mobility within the organisation and locations
- Staff study scholarship 75% for all courses
- First class modern facilities
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
We are ACAP, the Australian College of Applied Psychology. We are a tertiary education institute that specialises in psychology, counselling, social work and criminology and part of the Navitas Group.
35 years ago we opened our doors and sought to provide aspiring practitioners a modern approach to understanding the human mind and behaviour, through applied learning. This approach to teaching is what makes us different. It’s why curious minds choose to learn and develop their skills with us. ACAP is proud to hold Self Accrediting Authority with TEQSA and 7 year registration with ASQA, in both cases quality indicators with regulators for the education sector in Australia.
We were the first non-university higher education provider to offer a range of qualifications recognised by the Australian Psychological Accreditation Council (APAC). Our range of courses are also recognise by The Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA), The International Coach Federation (ICF) and the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW). Our smaller classes and flexible studying options help each student navigate their journey in their own way. Visit www.acap.edu.au.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
For further information about this role, please contact Dr Shirley Bode on +61 0491 692 627.
Applications close on Friday, 22/11/2019 at 5:00pm however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
For further information and other opportunities, please visit https://www.navitas.com/careers Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and undergo criminal records and working with children check.