About the role
ACAP is seeking an experienced academic teacher for the role of Lecturer, Level B Counselling. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching and coordinating counselling undergraduate and postgraduate subjects offered on-campus, online and blended delivery. This is a permanent full-time position.
The candidate we seek will ideally have:
- A PhD or EdD in an area of study relevant to counselling.
- A qualification from an appropriate cognate discipline and professional experience deemed by the college to be equivalent in combination to at least one AQF level above that of the course they are required to deliver may be considered.
- Membership of relevant professional associations such as PACFA, ACA, CICA, ICF or equivalent.
- A demonstrated ability in developing quality online and blended counselling curriculum and assessments at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Proven experience in developing, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating online and blended counselling Discipline subjects at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels.
- Student-focussed approach to develop flexible and transferable knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Depth of experience with counselling and career development from an academic perspective and/or a clinical perspective.
- Ability to mentor junior faculty and sessional teachers in counselling pedagogy.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake academic supervision of research projects within the postgraduate courses.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with academics, administration staff, and sessional teachers.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, and expertise in using Moodle or similar learning management systems.
- Formal qualifications of a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching or Higher Education or similar will be highly regarded.
What we can do for you:
- Career progression and leadership development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Mobility within the organisation and locations
- Staff study scholarship 75% for all courses
- First class modern facilities
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
We are ACAP, the Australian College of Applied Psychology. We are a tertiary education institute that specialises in psychology, counselling, social work and criminology and part of the Navitas Group.
35 years ago we opened our doors and sought to provide aspiring practitioners a modern approach to understanding the human mind and behaviour, through applied learning. This approach to teaching is what makes us different. It’s why curious minds choose to learn and develop their skills with us. ACAP is proud to hold Self Accrediting Authority with TEQSA and 7 year registration with ASQA, in both cases quality indicators with regulators for the education sector in Australia.
We were the first non-university higher education provider to offer a range of qualifications recognised by the Australian Psychological Accreditation Council (APAC). Our range of courses are also recognise by The Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA), The International Coach Federation (ICF) and the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW). Our smaller classes and flexible studying options help each student navigate their journey in their own way. Visit acap.edu.au.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply:
Please apply online by clicking here. For enquiries about the role, please contact Dr Shirley Bode on +61 0491 692 627.
Applications close on Friday, 22/11/2019 at 5:00pm however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
For further information or to view other opportunities, please visit navitas.com/careers
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and undergo criminal records and working with children check.