- Full time position, 3 years fixed term contract
- Role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $84,834 - $90,821 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The Neuroecology Research Laboratory lies at the intersection of two major fields of biology (Neurobiology: the study of the nervous system, and Ecology: the study of the interaction between living organisms and their environment). Neuroecology bridges the gap between our knowledge of the neural bases of animal behaviour and the consequences of that behaviour in the context of an animal's habitat and ecology.
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher in Neuroecology to join our team within the Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Microbiology (PAM), School of Life Sciences at La Trobe University, Victoria, Australia.
We use innovative neurobiological techniques such as molecular genetics, bioimaging, electrophysiology, anatomy and behaviour to examine how key elements of the physical environment such as light, sound, odours, and electromagnetic fields are detected and processed by the peripheral and central nervous systems and how this influences their behaviour. The ability to perceive these environmental cues is critical to the survival of each species. Model indicator species are used to assess how ecosystems may be faring in light of climate variability and habitat loss or degradation.
Skills & Experience
- Completion of a PhD in a relevant discipline. Experience as a postdoctoral researcher would be an advantage;
- Demonstrated research productivity through a strong track record in the writing of grant applications, conference papers and the publication of high-impact scientific articles;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently under limited supervision,
- A strong background in neuroscience, statistics, data processing and programming (Matlab, Python and R) and a keen interest in this research area is highly desirable.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 8th December 2019
Position Enquiries: Prof Shaun Collin, TEL: +61 (0)3 9479-3671 Email: email@example.com
Position Description below:
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (0)3 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 559000 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.