- Key leadership appointment with a world leading top 100 University
- Level 8, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis to August 2020
- Salary range: $96,934 to $106,055 plus 9.5% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
Finance supports the mission of the University by providing a high quality, end-to end, flexible and responsive financial management and advisory service including provision of corporate financial and staffing services. The University's professional service delivery model was created to deliver effective and efficient end to end services across the whole University. The model includes all core services of the University and creates functionally aligned services delivered through Service Delivery Centres. The Financial and Staff Resources teams in the Service Delivery Centres provide high quality, responsive support to University clients for human resources processing and administration and financial services.
Reporting to the Manager Financial & Staff Resources, you will lead the Financial and Staff Resources team to deliver advice and services that support the achievement of the Faculty/central areas strategy and objectives. Using your strong team management skills you will develop a service-oriented team. with a focus on continuous improvement by ensuring ongoing training and development. Additionally, you will have a significant role in developing and influencing policies, procedures and processes to ensure the efficient functioning of the area.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent competency
- Substantial management experience at an appropriate level, in human resources or financial management
- Demonstrated substantial knowledge and understanding of human resource or accounting practices, policies, procedures, systems and administration
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high level consultation skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines
- Ability to supervise staff
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and manage a considerable area
- Demonstrated ability to build capability through training and coaching
- Commitment to providing a high level of quality customer service
Note: A Current National Police Clearance Certificate is required.
We work at one of Australia's most beautiful university campuses, with some of the most inspiring people on the planet. In addition to facilities such as gym, library, swimming pool and childcare, we have great public transport links and end of trip facilities so you can ride, run or walk to work.
Closing date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the Position Description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 503444.pdf
Diversity and Inclusion
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).