- Level 8-9, full-time appointment on a permanent/ongoing basis
- Salary range (Level 8): $96,934 to $106,055 plus 17% superannuation
- Salary range (Level 9): $112,133 to $116,185 plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
The UWA Dental School is a contemporary, progressive, innovative and vibrant centre of excellence in dentistry. It is composed of three academic units and the Oral Health Centre of Western Australia (OHCWA). Our mission is to achieve excellence in dental education, research and oral health care to the benefit of our local community and the advancement of dentistry globally. This is achieved by highly qualified academics and staff, interacting with dedicated and engaged students, in state-of-the-art facilities, with up-to-date equipment and technology.
OHCWA is a partnership between The University of Western Australia and the Department of Health of Western Australia, and is the primary focus for oral health education, research and specialist care delivery in Western Australia. It treats approximately 15,000 patients a year and delivers a range of clinical and technical training programmes. OHCWA is located on the QEII campus adjacent to the new Perth Children's Hospital.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the provision of oral and dental health care to OHCWA patients, and supervision of UWA dental students with clinical instruction and demonstration. Clinical care responsibilities will be undertaken at UWA Bunbury Dental Clinic.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Dental qualification registrable with the Dental Board of Australia and is currently active
- Substantial relevant experience with staff/students and patient management in a clinical setting
- Sound knowledge of Australian and WA regulations regarding health care services
- High level clinical skills across the range of dental disciplines, or specialist level of relevant discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Demonstrated capacity to maintain electronic grading and academic/clinical correspondences, and access online contents from UWA
- Ability to lead and manage, demonstrate initiative and work productively as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to and awareness of cross-cultural issues
We work at one of Australia's most beautiful university campuses, with some of the most inspiring people on the planet. In addition to facilities such as gym, library, swimming pool and childcare, we have great public transport links and end of trip facilities so you can ride, run or walk to work.
For further information regarding the position please contact Dr Michelle Huang, Clinical Operations Manager, on +61 8 6457 7839 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Tuesday, 19 November 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the Position Description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Please see the position description prior to applying:503549.pdf
Diversity and Inclusion
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).