- $111,473-$118,095 + up to 17% superannuation
- Continuing position
- Flexible work environment
The Projects and Business Transformation Office, residing within Information Services, supports and enables the delivery of business change initiatives and projects that form a critical part of the La Trobe University strategy. The office provides frameworks, processes, governance and resources for the successful delivery of projects and change; and provides visibility and requisite reporting to the Information Services and University Senior Management of the project activity governed within the Projects and Business Transformation Office.
The Projects team manage projects within the IS capital portfolio.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Projects, we are seeking an innovative and proactive individual to join our dynamic team with demonstrated experience as a Senior Project Manager. You will be responsible for the successful delivery, integration, overall co-ordination and management of complex and cross-functional information technology projects across La Trobe University.
What you will be doing
- Defining complex project scope and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with project sponsors and Colleges or business units, annual project value < $2Mil
- Creates and executes significant project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing project needs and requirements.
- Supporting complex negotiations and mediating between the conflicting interests of project stakeholders.
- Manages project teams and resource needs based on project requirements and the allocation of internal and external resources.
- Track, manage and report on project financials including budget, forecasts and actuals.
- Contribute to an effective management of tender/contract by developing proposals, tender specification and evaluation.
- Develop project communication plans, including communication with all project stakeholders.
- Conducting post project or phase reviews to identify project strengths and lessons learned for consideration by other projects.
An innovative and proactive individual to join our dynamic Projects and Business Transformation team with demonstrated professional experience in project management/ development at the corporate level and eligible for membership of the Institute of Project Managers (Australia), Qualification in project management, such as PMI or Practitioner Level PRINCE2.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills with experience in managing and leading staff to promote a cohesive and effective team. Proven ability to manage a variety of high impact projects supported by strong results orientation, and a proven track record of delivering IT projects on time, on budget and to the required quality standards.
- Demonstrated ability to support business change in a complex and sensitive environment is essential; and the ability to mediate across multi-functional or multi-discipline teams in order to achieve agreed objectives.
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation (public speaking), reporting and documentation skills. This includes advanced experience developing Business Cases, Project Management Documentation (using Prince2 framework or other methodology).
Accountable, innovative, connected, caring
For over 50 years, La Trobe has been one of Australia's pioneering universities. We are now recognised as one of the world's leading universities, and our success is a direct result of our world-class research and teaching - and the talent and commitment of our people.
Our university culture is safe, inclusive, accountable and everyone is respected and supported to be their best. We are globally connected, we care about what we do and why we do it, and we drive innovation.
Join us at La Trobe, where today's uncertainties are tomorrows possibilities.
- 17% Super!
- Staff development and training
- Employee assistance programs
- Health fund
- Salary packaging
- Onsite child care facilities at our beautiful Bundoora campus
- Flexible work arrangements
Sound Good? Here's how to apply
Submit a cover letter outlining why you are the best candidate for the role and an up to date copy of your resume. Good luck!
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to obtain or currently hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Position Description below:
For more information about Information Services at La Trobe:
Position Enquires- Please contact Vicki Russell, Director, Projects & Bus. Transformation on 94796536
Applications close: 17th of November 2019