- Collaborative and high achieving team environment
- Salary packaging opportunities
- Based at the beautiful Melbourne (Bundoora) bushland campus
About the role
The Alumni and Advancement Office is responsible for philanthropic fundraising and engagement with La Trobe University's alumni community (210,000 as at January 2019). The Alumni and Advancement Office is an outwardly facing unit of the University with stakeholder engagement being a major element of the activity undertaken. This role manages activities and strategies pertaining to the development of international alumni relations within the University and provides a vital link for fundraising activities within the Alumni and Advancement Office.
In this role you will be responsible for;
Designing, implementing and managing international alumni-focused engagement initiatives, strategies and events that are aligned to the University's strategic objectives.
- Developing and implementing the international alumni engagement program including a 12-month activity plan for graduates located overseas.
- Building sound relationships and manage international alumni volunteers located overseas through internationally based alumni Chapters and Networks.
- Providing strategic support and advice to University stakeholders on engaging alumni abroad.
- Representing the Alumni and Advancement Office by attending University led delegations overseas, providing expert alumni relations advice in-country.
- Managing several projects with an international focus to ensure each project is managed and delivered to specification, time and budget.
To be successful you have;
- A degree with substantial extension of the theories and principles, or postgraduate qualifications, or progress towards postgraduate qualifications with extensive relevant experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in managing volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders to achieve stated outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation and personal management skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with and influencing senior management.
- Experience developing innovative solutions and contributing to strategic planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build relationships.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday the 24th of November
Please attach a covering letter outlining your suitability and a resume
Position Enquiries: Katie Armitage, TEL: 03 9479 3835 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Senior Recruitment Business Partner Caitlin Hosking on 9479 1324 or email@example.com
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs