The Manager, Digital Workplace leads a team that provisions and supports audio-visual, communications and collaborative services relating to teaching, learning and other meeting spaces throughout the University.
The team is the first point of contact for all IT-related incidents and requests relating to teaching and learning spaces throughout the University and is accountable to maintain visibility of all outstanding requests and incidents and to follow up resolver groups for resolutions to incidents and requests within the required service level agreements.
What you will be doing
- Assist the Deputy Director, Digital Workplace to define a baseline Digital Workplace standard and future roadmaps.
- Manage a team of technical specialists to ensure successful provision of audio visual, communication and collaboration services, participate in projects, and provide timely response and appropriate resolution of all issues and work requests.
- Ensure that end-user education, training and in-room documentation is maintained and updated, as required.
- Continually measure end-user satisfaction.
- Work within project/program construct to establish approach, estimates and deliver to the agreed outcomes as set out in approved plans.
- Establish and maintain audio visual and collaboration services standards and processes, including revisions to implement improvements.
You will be a highly motivated and technology aware individual with strong interpersonal skills and a 'can do' attitude. You will possess strong organisational skills and enjoy working in a complex environment dealing with complex technical and people issues.
- Practical technical and management experience in audio-visio/communication/collaboration system technologies, with awareness of industry developments and demonstrated ability to apply these in a complex, multi-location, corporate environment.
- Demonstration of continual learning and development and staying current on technology trends and opportunities.
- Highly developed and demonstrated communication skills including excellent customer service provision by multiple communication channels such as email, phone and in person.
- Demonstrated experience engaging and managing external vendors to service delivery outcomes
- Demonstrated experience of project delivery methodologies, such as SDLC and Agile.
- Experience in Managing a team of technical and support specialists.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate with a proven understanding of the ITIL processes or demonstrated experience of ITIL, in particular Change Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management.
Accountable, innovative, connected, caring
For over 50 years, La Trobe has been one of Australia's pioneering universities. We are now recognised as one of the world's leading universities, and our success is a direct result of our world-class research and teaching - and the talent and commitment of our people.
Our university culture is safe, inclusive, accountable and everyone is respected and supported to be their best. We are globally connected, we care about what we do and why we do it, and we drive innovation.
Join us at La Trobe, where today's uncertainties are tomorrows possibilities.
- 17% Super!
- Staff development and training
- Employee assistance programs
- Health fund
- Salary packaging
- Onsite child care facilities at our beautiful Bundoora campus
- Flexible work arrangements
Sound Good? Here's how to apply
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume. Good luck!
Position Description below:
For more information about Information Services at La Trobe:
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to obtain or currently hold a valid Working with Children Check.