- Part-time 0.8 or 4 days per week
- Continuing position
- Teaching and Research Position
- Located at the Shepparton Campus
- $92,248 - $109,258 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
The La Trobe Rural Health School (LRHS) is the largest rural health school in Australia and is based at all four regional campuses of the University: Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton and Albury-Wodonga. The School has a wide range of health courses including dentistry, nursing and midwifery, oral health, paramedics, public health, physiotherapy, social work, podiatry, speech pathology, exercise physiology, exercise science and occupational therapy.
About the position
A highly motivated academic is sought to join the Department of Rural Nursing and Midwifery to contribute to the Universities desire to influence the way we enrich the experience of our students and engage with our partners and communities. The Level B academic will work in a collegial manner to contribute to an innovative nursing degree delivered via a blended learning model that is relevant and responsive to the needs of students, industry and the community. The Level B will contribute to a culture of research excellence aligning activity to the La Trobe Rural Health School research priority area and more broadly the Universities regional research strategy. A key function of this position is to foster strong partnerships with students, governments, industry and alumni to support transformation in our local community.
Skills and Experience
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Division One Registered Nurse
- Completion of/or working towards a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published or otherwise disseminated, relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, or co-supervise, honours and postgraduate students.
Applicants with Masters degree and willing to work towards achieve a PhD are encouraged to apply
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 24th November 2019
Position Enquiries: Tara Williams, TEL: +61 3 5051 4105 Email: T.Williams@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Justin Bolton, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1073 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.