The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021.The Believe Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
About the role
The Advancement Operations Officer is a front line position within the Advancement Office of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences. This position demands a strong commitment to providing high quality service to all clients whether they are University colleagues or external to the institution. The incumbent requires the ability to assess client needs quickly and accurately and act upon them appropriately.
The Advancement Operations Officer is responsible for providing accurate advice for all general enquires and/or referring on to the relevant area and providing general administrative support to the Advancement Services and Development teams. The Officer is expected to develop local area policies and procedures which are compliant with University policies and procedures. In addition, the Advancement Operations Officer will and participate in the development and implementation of improved customer service practices.
The Advancement Operations Officer is required to display a high level of professionalism, regularly interacting with the internal and external community as well as dealing with confidential and sensitive issues and documentation.
-The position is responsible for a broad range of administrative tasks that will necessitate interactions with a wide range of staff throughout the University and other external organisations. The Advancement Operations Officer will liaise with a broad range of people including the University community from professional to academic staff, alumni and benefactors, suppliers and service people, and members of the public.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or a combination of relevant training and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and customer service skills to liaise with a wide range of people in a complex work environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of a full range of high level administrative support to senior staff.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of work including numeracy skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise sound judgment, diplomacy, tact and discretion and proven ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential and appropriate manner.
- Sound organisation skills and ability to work independently with self-motivation, prioritise competing tasks and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Versatility, flexibility, enthusiasm, self-motivation and initiative, both independently and as a member of a team.
- Highly competent computer skills with advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with databases and data analytics programs.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria