- Melbourne CBD Location
- 3 Year Fixed Term Contract, 1.0 FTE
- $85, 462 - $96, 564 PA + 17 % Super
About the role and college/portfolio
The School of Engineering comprises a diverse range of disciplines: Aerospace Engineering & Aviation; Chemical & Environmental Engineering; Civil & Infrastructure Engineering; Electrical & Biomedical Engineering; Electronic & Telecommunications Engineering; Manufacturing, Materials & Mechatronic Engineering; Mechanical & Automotive Engineering. As a top 100 university in the world for engineering (2015 QS Rankings by Faculty; Engineering and Technology), RMIT Engineering provides students with work-relevant education programs, access to excellent research facilities and opportunities to engage in creative real-world project work through robust relations with local and international industry leaders. RMIT Engineerings education is based on innovation and creativity. Key discipline areas in the School of Engineering provide programs with flexible pathways to global careers or postgraduate research. The Associate Lecturer/Lecturer is expected to make a significant contribution to the teaching and research efforts within the School of Engineering, specifically focusing on Electronic Engineering. The incumbent will be expected to participate in the academic activities of the School of Engineering and the SEH College, and to pursue a program of professional development consistent with the strategic goals of the School. This is an academic position within the Discipline of Electronic and Telecommunications Engineering, and the appointee is expected to undertake high quality teaching, research and industry engagement in the designated field both nationally and internationally. The position may involve some offshore teaching and course coordination.
- In the past 3 years, you will have been employed on a casual basis at an Australian University, but not on a continuing basis.
- Ability to develop high quality teaching and learning resources in the designated or related field. Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver course materials at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Possess a record of academic and/or professional achievement in Electronic Engineering, with experience in using the Cadence EDA tools or other analogue electronic EDA tools, is preferred.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- PhD in relevant discipline area.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together. Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices. When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond. Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- The launch of our second Reconciliation Plan, Dhumbah Goorowa- a "commitment to share" - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this role. Candidates are requested to separately address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description. To Apply Applications close 27 November 2019.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.