- Advertising expertise
- Effective and creative focus
- Level B $97,398 + 17% Superannuation
The School of Communication and Creative Arts (SCCA) operates at the intersection of human communication and the creative arts. It is unique in linking together diverse disciplines and practices.
The School of Communication and Creative Arts is seeking to appoint to a continuing position in the Communication academic group a lecturer with expertise in advertising who will teach into the Bachelor of Communication and the Master of Communication.
You will be expected to contribute to and/or lead teaching across a range of units at undergraduate and postgraduate level, with an initial emphasis on teaching units in Advertising.
Based at our Burwood campus, this exciting role sits within the School of Creative Arts and Communications and is ongoing position.
Your key responsibilities will include and not limited to:
- Make a contribution to the moderation and maintenance of academic standards, and the development of course and unit curriculum that exemplifies Deakin's curriculum framework, and meets external requirements such as the Higher Education Standards Framework and professional accreditation.
- Design and implement best practice assessment of student learning outcomes, and participating in assessment panels.
- Demonstrable ability to contribute to research projects and collaborations, creating new insights and opportunities.
- Contribute to research and publication in learning and teaching, including testing the effectiveness of innovations designed to improve student and graduate outcomes, including graduate employment.
- Demonstrable ability to supervise or examine honours students, making a contribution to the supervision, management and timely completion of HDR students.
To be successful, you'll have:
- PhD in a relevant discipline and/or other relevant qualifications and experience.
- Excellent record of scholarly learning and teaching in UG and/or PG programs, including innovative curriculum design.
- Emerging reputation in research and scholarship through publications and/ or exhibitions and/or success in obtaining external research funding.
- Demonstrated expertise in the professional practice of advertising, and in applying these skills in teaching and/or research.
- Professional experience in producing, planning or managing advertising campaigns AND producing audio-visual and/or social media content will be highly regarded.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Applications for this position close on 20 November 2019.
This role has been identified as having contact with children and requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin's Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please ensure to include a cover letter, resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria in your application.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Professor Matthew Ricketson, Head of Academic Group (Communication),School of Communication and Creative Arts on firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities - agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people's lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let's see what we can achieve together. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers. At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.