- Newly created role
- Burwood Campus
- Level B $97,398 + 17% Superannuation
The School of Communication and Creative Arts is seeking to appoint a Lecturer to a continuing position in the Screen and Design academic group which is responsible for the Bachelor of Film, Television and Animation and the new Bachelor of Design (with specialisations in 3-D Animation, Digital Technologies, and Visual Communication).
You will be joining the school at an exciting time, as we introduce a revised and more comprehensive course in film, television and animation, introduce innovative design degrees, and boost our research commitment to creative technologies, while continuing to invest in top class production facilities and equipment
Based at our Melbourne Burwood Campus, this newly created full-time role sits within the School of Communication and Creative Arts.
Your key responsibilities will include and not limited to:
- Contribute to the moderation and maintenance of academic standards, and the development of course and unit curriculum that exemplifies Deakin's curriculum framework, and meets external requirements such as the Higher Education Standards Framework and professional accreditation.
- Demonstrate excellent scholarly learning and teaching at the undergraduate level (including for example in the cloud, and in clinical settings).
- Demonstrable ability to contribute to research projects and collaborations, creating new insights and opportunities.
- Design and implement best practice assessment of student learning outcomes, and participating in assessment panels.
- Contribute to research and publication in learning and teaching, including testing the effectiveness of innovations designed to improve student and graduate outcomes, including graduate employment.
To be successful, you'll have:
- PhD in a relevant discipline and/or other relevant qualifications and experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in Film and TV Production, story-telling and online media.
- Excellent record of scholarly learning and teaching in UG and/or PG programs, including innovative curriculum design.
- Demonstrated expertise in using digital media technologies in teaching and/or research.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of sound design in media production.
- An understanding of new forms of media production in the areas of fiction, multiple delivery platforms and live broadcast.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Applications for this position close on 19 November 2019.
This role has been identified as having contact with children and requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin's Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please ensure to include a cover letter, resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria in your application.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Dr. Meghan Kelly on firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities - agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people's lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let's see what we can achieve together. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers. At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.