- Make Significant Contributions to the Research at RMIT
- Fixed Term Contract, Academic B/C Position, 1.0 FTE
- $96, 564 - $118, 291 PA + 17% Super
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other. Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices. When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
About the roles and college/portfolio
The School of Engineering comprises a diverse range of disciplines. As on of the top 100 universities in the world for engineering (2015 QS Rankings by Faculty; Engineering and Technology), RMIT Engineering provides students with work-relevant education programs, access to excellent research facilities and opportunities to engage in creative real-world project work through robust relations with local and international industry leaders. RMIT Engineerings education is based on innovation and creativity. Key discipline areas within the School provide programs with flexible pathways to global careers or postgraduate research. As the Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow will work as a member of a team that is undertaking research in the Defence CRC project. You will primarily develop, engage in and lead high quality research projects that are aligned with the University's research focus areas. You will be involved in the following:
- Conducting research related to spectrum management
- Collaborating together with the Cis while supervising other casual researchers within the project
- Undertaking any travel that may be required in order to meet project requirements
- As part of the School of Engineering requirements, 10% of teaching activities will be undertaken
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond. Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health are central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in the journey to Reconciliation.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest in this role. Applicants are encouraged to apply without delay, as rolling interviews will take place. Appointment to this position is subject to having an Australian Citizenship and passing a Working with Children check To Apply**
Applications close 17 November 2019.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.