- Full time, or 1.0 FTE
- 3 year fixed term position
- Based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus and The Australian Ballet
- $95,432 - $112,697 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The Australian Ballet Research Fellow position is a 3 year fixed term appointment which focusses on the research collaboration between La Trobe University and The Australian Ballet. The research focus of the collaboration is to increase dancer health and performance through excellent collaborative research and to translate knowledge to policy, practice, participation, health and wellbeing. This position requires an enthusiastic clinician researcher, preferably with experience and expertise in dance research.
The position sits within the La Trobe Sport and Exercise Medicine (LASEM) Research Centre within the School of Allied Health, Human Services and Sport, and is co-located at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus and The Australian Ballet. To view more information of the LASEM Research Centre click here.
Skills & Experience
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent qualifications;
- Research experience resulting in publications, conference papers and reports or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of strong research potential;
- Evidence of experience in research proposal submissions to external funding bodies and evidence of success in securing research funding;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Monday 18th November 2019
Position Description below:
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 558903 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.