Lecturers in Work Integrated Learning
- Facilitate and engage students in Work Integrated Learning
- One Full time, ongoing position + One 6-Month Fixed-Term position, at our Hawthorn campus
- Academic Level B $96,808 - $114,612 + 17% superannuation
Seek Summary View
Design, develop and deliver online and face to face teaching in Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
About the Job
Working closely with other areas of the University and Faculties, these positions will play a key role in enhancing the employability of our students. As the Lecturer in Work Integrated Learning (WIL), you will be responsible for designing, delivering and managing a comprehensive program of academic units, including professional placements and internships.
You will design innovative online and blended learning and teaching that speak to a variety of learning modes. These units will integrate theoretical and innovative career practices and trends to ensure students are job-ready. Partnering with the Professional Placements team and academic staff, you will work to facilitate successful student placements and student management of those enrolled in WIL units.
We have two vacancies - one ongoing, full-time position and one six-month fixed-term position with full-time hours.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our mission is to be a world-class university, creating economic and social impact through science, technology and innovation. We aim to deliver future-ready learners, research with impact and innovative enterprise.
To be successful in the roles, you will have:
- An earned doctoral qualification or substantial progress toward a Doctoral qualification
- Experience in tertiary teaching in areas relevant to Work Integrated Learning, including curriculum development, group facilitation, placements and internships
- Demonstrated ability to implement high quality student engagement programs that respond to a diverse range of student and client needs
- Experience creating innovative programs of learning
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Paid parental leave for primary caregivers and secondary caregivers
- Onsite childcare
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits
For further information about this position, contact Dr Clare Dyson Academic Program Coordinator & Senior Lecturer, Work Integrated Learning on email@example.com.
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for women for 10 years in a row and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5pm on 31 October 2019