About Chief Operating Operator Portfolio
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio is responsible for the University's budget and financial performance, and the management of its property and capital. It also delivers efficient and effective shared services in support of all aspects of the University's business.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Technical Senior Financial Accountant for a period of 12 months to be an integral part of the University of Melbourne's accounting team based at our campus in Parkville.
This role has a broad internal and external stakeholder base that requires strong engagement and communication skills and the ability to partner as a trusted advisor at all levels. The ability to mentor and coach others to elevate technical accounting capability within the Accounting teams will be crucial to be successful in this role.
We are going through a period of significant growth, along with several changes in financial reporting requirements and as such, you will have a keen interest in reviewing and developing accounting policies and managing the implementation of changing accounting standards. This is a rare opportunity for a technical accountant to make an impact and develop within a leading Australian University with an exciting future.
- Graduate qualifications in Finance, Accounting or other relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Fully qualified Chartered Accountant or CPA.
- Proven ability to contribute to preparation of streamlined financial statements and associated external audit.
- Excellent knowledge and proven ability to apply and interpret Australian Accounting Standards and other regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in providing stakeholders technical accounting advice on significant or complex transactions.
- Experience in a similar role in a similar size organisation working with a high degree of autonomy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with critical thinking and the ability to influence through inspiring, developing and motivating others.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria