- Located within the College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce, Full-time, continuing position
- Located at the Bundoora Campus
- $77,999 - $84,155 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About the position
Joining a highly collaborative and supportive team you will be required to provide high level executive support to the Senior Leadership team, including the Pro Vice-Chancellor, General Manager and three Associate Pro Vice-Chancellors. You will also effectively manage the delivery of a wide range of administrative support activities and work collaboratively with other College administrative staff.
This is a highly visible position with responsibility for a range of highly confidential matters requiring the ability to exercise considerable judgement, initiative, discretion and independence.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Being the initial point of contact for all internal and external enquiries;
- Managing diaries of the PVC and GM through a solid understanding of the business, relative priorities and appropriate delegation;
- Preparing documentation in draft and final format for/from meetings, or correspondence with key contacts both internal and external to the University;
- Welcoming incoming visitors and manage mail/calls and action appropriately; and
- Organising events on behalf of the College, including venue bookings, travel accommodation, catering and attendance lists.
Skills and Experience
As a personable and professional administrator, you will possess previous experience as an Executive Assistant in a large complex organisation.
You will take great pride in your attention to detail, fantastic energy and the ability to develop excellent working relationships and provide high quality service to colleagues, students and other stakeholders.
Prior experience working in a higher education environment would be desirable but is not essential.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd October 2019 by 11.00pm AEST.
Sarah Loads; College Executive Officer; +61 3 9479 1154 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities: We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena