- Full time, 3 year fixed term role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $77,999 - $84,155 per annum plus 17% superannuation
About the role
A position is now available for an initial term of three years within the La Trobe University - Comprehensive Proteomics Platform LTU-CPP to primarily support Capability A: Protein Identification and Quantification. You will work with the Director of the LTU-CPP and the LTU-CPP team based in the La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science, providing expert technical support on mass spectrometry-based proteomics. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic Research Platform using cutting edge technologies to identify and quantify protein biomarkers.
To succeed, you will possess:
- A science degree with subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Experience working in laboratories in a research environment with strong analytical skills.
- Experience in the maintenance of scientific research equipment/facilities, with respect to operations, maintenance and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- An excellent understanding and demonstrated experience in customer service including high level interpersonal skills and the ability to respond to people positively, confidently and with respect.
- Demonstrated high level planning and organizing skills, and the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant and applicable policies, procedures and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of the position
- Sound understanding of Health & Safety regulations and procedures.
- An Honours degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, and/or other relevant disciplines of molecular science
- Experience in statistics relating to biological datasets
- Experience with mass spectrometry technologies, experimental and/or analysis or other 'omic' technologies
- Experience with techniques used to quantify protein-protein, protein-lipid, protein-nucleic acid and protein-drug interactions
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 27th October 2019
Position Enquiries: Dr Matthew Perugini, +61 (03) 9479 6570 or M.Perugini@latrobe.edu.au.
Position Description below:
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 558748 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.