- Make a significant contribution to the delivery of Fashion/Textile Design programs
- Full time, continuing position based at the Brunswick Campus within Melbourne
- Academic Level C: $118,291 - $136,401+ 17% employer super
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates. The School of Fashion and Textiles is world renowned as a dynamic and progressive educational leader whose impact influences the future of fashion and textiles. Informed by global awareness and astute knowledge of industry, the School leads in creative and entrepreneurial practices.
About the role
The Senior Lecturer in Fashion and Textiles Design will contribute to high quality and progressive teaching and research efforts of the School. You will foster and lead excellent student experience and be responsible for developing, teaching and coordinating undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Fashion and or Textile Design. You will make a significant contribution to the delivery of Fashion Design programs and or Textile Design programs depending on your expertise and be actively involved in research, consulting and other professional activities related to the Discipline. The Senior Lecturer will develop, engage in and lead high quality research projects that are aligned with the Universitys research focus areas to achieve success in attracting research funding and to produce high quality outputs and contribute and align to the strategic direction of the Design discipline in the School.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have a PhD or equivalent in a relevant field and have demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials. You will have demonstrated ability in supervising higher degree by research candidates and will have the skills to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
Mandatory: PhD or equivalent in relevant field. Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check. Preferred: Completion of the Essentials in Tertiary Teaching Practice program or equivalent (if the appointed candidate does not meet this requirement at time of appointment, they will be supported to complete this as a requirement to fulfil their probation).
If you believe this opportunity is for you, please apply below. For further information please contact Ricarda Bigolin, Associate Dean Fashion & Textiles Design on +61 3 9925 3856.
To view the position description please visit RMIT Careers website.
Applications close 11:00pm on Sunday 3rd November 2019.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.