- Program manage the new Graduate Dip of Education (Early Childhood)
- Fixed-term, 2 year contract based at the Bundoora West Campus
- Salary Academic Level C $118,291 - $136,401p.a plus super
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
About the role and college / portfolio:
The School of Education is one school within the College of Design and Social Context and offers undergraduate and postgraduate studies in education, pre-service teacher education, early childhood education, educational research, professional learning and short courses. They will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the School and have the responsibility for program management of the new GD204 Graduate Dip of Education (Early Childhood). They will also contribute to the development, accreditation and delivery of the Early Childhood Education Program online, face to face and internationally.
As Senior Lecturer, you will have proven expertise in a leadership role in Early Childhood Education, embedding your research expertise into the life of the School and will be required to develop high-quality, productivity-driven networks across RMIT and with local, national and global partners. You will bring your expertise in teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level and make a significant contribution to the development, accreditation and delivery of the Early Childhood Education Program Online, Face to Face and Internationally i.e. China. You will be able to implement innovative approaches to student-centred learning and quality improvement and have the ability to support student issues related to effective learning. This position will require you to have an emerging nationally recognised research track record, experience in research leadership, the ability to build collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff and attract and secure external research funding. In addition, you will be experienced with supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance.
Qualifications: PhD in relevant field
Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
To apply go to our careers site here RMIT Careers: Senior Lecturer ECE and submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest for this role and address the Key Selection Criteria within the PD. Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
Applications close 11:55pm Sunday 3 November 2019.
For further information please contact Prof Jayne White at 0452 402 167 or email: Jayne.firstname.lastname@example.org RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.