- Bundoora West Location
- Fixed-Term Contract, 1.0 FTE, Level A/B
- $85, 462 - $114, 672 Annual Salary +17% Super
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT's leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
About the role and college/portfolio
The School of Health and Biomedical Sciences comprises three Academic Clusters (Allied Health, Applied Health, and Biomedical Sciences). Primarily based at the RMIT Bundoora campus, we undertake teaching and research across ten disciplines: Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic, Exercise Science, Human Biosciences, Laboratory Medicine, Medical Radiations, Nursing, Osteopathy, Pharmacy and Psychology.
The discipline of Osteopathy contributes to teaching and research in the field of musculoskeletal medicine broadly and Osteopathy specifically, in the School of Health and Biomedical Sciences. It facilitates an undergraduate program that enables graduates to be eligible for registration to practice as an Osteopath in Australia under AHPRA. The program is structured to integrate foundation sciences, clinical sciences, and clinical skills to produce capable graduates that can practice as healthcare professionals with Osteopathic skills.
The Role & Your Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced industry professional to contribute to the teaching efforts of the School, within the discipline of Osteopathy. More specifically, you will be responsible for conducting teaching activities within the undergraduate program and for maintaining and advancing scholarly, professional and research capabilities. You will actively promote the RMIT Osteopathy programs by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities.
Skills & Experience Required
As the Industry Fellow you will have previous experience in preparing and delivering courses at undergraduate level, including online delivery. The appointee will also possess the ability to produce high quality course and program materials, undertake the role of course coordinator and contribute to undergraduate program design. You will have an emerging track record of industry engagement or research excellence. Knowledge of using learning delivery systems such as CANVAS will be highly regarded.
- Qualification in Osteopathy and have commenced or enrolled to commence their PhD or evidence of extensive industry engagement
- Eligibility for registration with APHRA as an Osteopath
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We're proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this role. Candidates are requested to separately address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description. For any enquires please contact Azharuddin Fazalbhoy on +61 3 99257655.
To Apply Click Here Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check Applications close on 30 October 2019, at 11:59 pm.