- Full time position
- Based at La Trobe University Bundoora
- 3-year fixed term contract
- $96,022 - $109,805 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
Australian Research Council (ARC) Industrial Transformation Research Hub for Medicinal Agriculture (ARC MedAg Hub)
The ARC MedAg Hub comprises a multidisciplinary team of university and institute researchers along with industry partners. In collaboration with industry, the Hub addresses cultivation, germplasm generation, phenotyping, multi-omics, novel extraction technologies and chemistries, through to the discovery and functional characterisation of novel lead compounds, metabolites (cannabinoids and terpenes) and peptides.
To view further information about the centre and its future plans at La Trobe University, go to the ARC MedAg Hub website here: https://medagriculture.com/
About the role
Photon System Instruments (PSI) and Scientific Instruments Australia (SIA) have formally established their presence in Australia and are research partners in the ARC MedAg Hub.
The role will require the incumbent to;
- Provide expert technical support for research groups that utilise PSI & SIA products;
- Provide support to a diverse team of researchers to apply and develop techniques for plant phenotyping;
- Provide technical support in hyperspectral imaging of plants as a diagnostic tool for a variety of applications;
- To communicate the expertise to a variety of end-users in academia, industry and public.
To be successful in this position, the preferred candidate will have:
- An undergraduate/masters degree in science or a related discipline;
- Experience in plant phenotyping to use various imaging technologies to increase plant productivity;
- Familiarity with imaging systems, image/data processing;
- Demonstrated experience in working on projects for industry and/or academia.
Please click on this link for a full list of benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11:55pm (AEST) Wednesday 23rd October 2019
Position Enquiries: Oliver Berkowitz +61 (03) 9032 7490, E: O.Berkowitz@latrobe.edu.au
Position Descriptions below:
Candidates who wish to apply for these positions should first read the guidelines for suitable staff, which can be found below:
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining which role(s) and what academic level you are applying for;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job no 558591 under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.