- Contribute to a program supporting rural and regional Australia
- Lead and build a culture of collaboration and success
- Great regional lifestyle just a few hours from the convenience of the city
- Fixed Term (up to five (5) years), Full Time
- Senior remuneration package in the range of AU$184,075 to AU$230,094 p.a. (including 17% superannuation)
- Orange (relocation allowance provided)
As Head of School you will be accountable to the Executive Dean for the performance of the School in teaching and learning, research productivity and resource management. You will lead and manage the School ensuring all areas are operating efficiently and cohesively to provide a positive contribution to the mission and values of the Faculty of Science and University. You will be expected to provide the guidance and leadership required to allow the School to deliver high-quality teaching and learning, impactful research and meaningful community engagement.
You will seek opportunities for the growth and development of the School developing and fostering linkages and relationships with industry, government, the professions and community. As a senior member of staff you contribute to the overall management of the Faculty and strategic development of the University.
Providing clinical education opportunities for dentistry and oral health students are a suite of five University dental clinics. As Head of School, you will work collaboratively with the Clinic Director to ensure the clinics provide high-quality clinical training in a safe and sustainable manner.
To be successful you will have:
- A doctorate and academic research profile in a cognate discipline relevant to the School, or equivalent professional practice and standing, or evidence of equivalent reputation and standing at a national and/or international level through distinguished contributions including research, academic leadership and the scholarship of teaching within the field;
- Demonstrated success in leadership and management of high performing teams, including strategic planning, financial, human resources, change management and achievement of organisational objectives;
- Demonstrated leadership experience in academic management, curriculum development and implementation as well as a commitment to the facilitation of culturally respectful and innovative teaching;
- An ability to develop and implement effective governance frameworks for compliance with legislation, regulation and policy and the effective use of resources;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage effective liaison with a variety of external organisations (including professional bodies) to build cooperative working relationships and partnerships that deliver tangible benefit; AND
- Demonstrated strategic vision and capacity to promote the development of a culture of excellence in education and research.
Charles Sturt University is a young & growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow & flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity & vibrancy of our rural & regional communities, with a reach & impact across Australia & internationally. We work together with industry, communities & students to create new thinking, inspire each other & make a positive & progressive contribution to the world.
The Faculty of Science delivers flexible, innovative teaching programs which provide graduates with the skills & knowledge to build a career, advance their profession & contribute to their community. We currently have more than 9000 students & over 500 staff dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge.
We are a leader in strategic & applied research in a wide array of sciences. We enhance & extend knowledge, train & educate future researchers & provide scientific solutions to current challenges. We achieve this through ethical practice, professional collaborations, industry involvement & a commitment to continual improvement.
We also provide a range of health & other services to our regional communities through our enterprise activities.
The School of Dentistry and Health Sciences is a multi-campus, academic unit. The School offers a suite of undergraduate & postgraduate courses both onshore & offshore in a range of health disciplines including: dentistry, oral health therapy & medical radiation science.
The School is committed to enhancing its reputation as a high performing multidisciplinary unit & seeks academics focused on providing quality education & being actively involved in the development of health professional education & health based research programs that complement these courses.
CSU offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities & generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity & inclusion. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior & non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQ; & those from culturally & linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- A letter briefly describing why the position is of interest and what you believe you can bring to the role.
- A statement concisely and systematically addressing each of the selection criteria in the position description.
- A full curriculum vitae detailing qualifications, full employment history and relevant achievements.
- Names and contact details of at least three potential referees (these referees will not be contacted without your prior consent).
For additional information and a confidential discussion please contact:
Pam Lubrainschik | Principal Consultant, CCentric Group | email@example.com. | Ph: +61 2 8422 5306 or +61 452 295 088
Closing Date: 11pm, 28 October 2019