Job No: 203210
Location: Bentley, Perth
Continuing, full time
ALB $99,530 - $118,115 plus 17% Superannuation ALC $121,829 - $140,416 plus 17% Superannuation**
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
The School of Economics, Finance and Property
The School of Economics, Finance and Property is seeking to appoint a Teaching and Research Academic in macroeconomics on a full time, continuing basis. The School offers a range of programs in economics and these are continually fine-tuned to keep them relevant and to provide students with an intellectually stimulating educational experience. We aim to provide a learning environment that combines high-quality and innovative teaching practices in economics. The School also has an ambitious world-standard research agenda in economics and, through this, we aim to have a positive impact on economic theory, its methods and the development of economic policy. The School also has strong industry links and a successful record of demand driven research.
Your new role
For this role, the School is recruiting someone who can teach and contribute to curriculum innovation in macroeconomic theory and policy. We are seeking someone who can effectively supervise honours projects in macroeconomics; contribute to the discipline group’s expanding research profile; and participate in efforts to develop our links with relevant industry and policy groups. In this position, you will make significant contributions in the economics discipline in both research and teaching. In turn, the School will support your ambitions to progress your career through its collegial and supportive research and teaching environment and access to world standard research databases.
You will bring to the role
- A doctoral qualification in relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated high level teaching skill and a demonstrated reflective approach to teaching delivery.
- A strong understanding of pedagogical theory and contemporary educational practice relevant to the discipline.
- Established experience and skills to undertake unit coordination and administration.
- An established record of research outputs/creative works in high quality refereed academic journals/outlets consistent with the discipline.
- Demonstrated high-level communication and interpersonal skills with a commitment to the development of a collegial and supportive working environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to applying relevant and applicable policies, procedures and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of this position.
- The ability to interact with students and staff with cross cultural sensitivity.
What we offer you
- Permanent, ongoing employment
- Competitive salary & benefits
- The opportunity to work in a highly productive and engaged team
- Flexible work opportunities
- A fantastic range of discounted services, including Health, Retail Outlets and Travel
Please copy and paste the following link into your browser to learn more about Curtin University https://businesslaw.curtin.edu.au/curtin-business-school/economics-and-finance
What we need from you
A cover letter, a CV and you are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria listed under ‘You will bring to the role’.
Applications close: 9:00 PM, Tuesday 22 October 2019
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact: Professor Siobhan Austen – Discipline Lead of Economics, School of Economics, Finance and Property
Email: Siobhan.firstname.lastname@example.org Please only apply via the attached link. Please do not send your resume direct to the above contact.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.