We are looking for a Commissioning Editor to cover our Cities and Young People brief for The Conversation UK. The section covers issues related to urban life, the growth of cities and associated geographies.
The role will also involve running our Curious Kids strand, where academics answer questions on a host of subjects from children, and there will be some engagement with schools. On a day-to-day basis, the role will involve devising and developing ideas, responding to pitches, and working with academic experts to edit and publish articles authored by them for a general audience. The role will also involve running some training workshops for academics keen to work with us and wider media.
- Able to grasp complex ideas and help translate these for a general audience
- Demonstrable editing skills from working with academic material or in journalism
- Excellent grasp of the English language
- Passion for public engagement with academic knowledge
- Highly organised and able to multitask a number of competing tasks
- Able to report on progress, aims and targets
- Good diplomatic skills
- Team player
Salary requisite with experience.
We value and respect all differences in all people (seen and unseen) at The Conversation and actively encourage applications from BAME candidates.
You must be legally able to work in the UK.