Salary: $102,967 - $122,268 p.a (Level B) or $126,128 - $145,431 p.a. (Level C), plus 17% superannuation
The Melbourne Institute: Applied Economic & Social Research at the University of Melbourne seeks enthusiastic, motivated economists with research expertise in applied (empirical) economic and social research.
There are multiple positions available for candidates with expertise in applied microeconomics. The fields of specialisation cover: labour economics, the economics of education, development economics, and public economics. In all cases the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate strong applied (empirical) econometric skills. It is anticipated that positions will be filled in:
- development economics, with an emphasis on studying disadvantage in the Asia-Pacific region, and disadvantage in Australia
- labour economics, with an emphasis on using household panel data to study labour market issues, including employment and earnings dynamics
- family economics, with emphases on the intergenerational transmission of advantage and disadvantage and life-course analyses of economic, financial, and family outcomes
- public economics, with an emphasis on the economics of taxation and/or charitable giving
- education economics, with an emphasis on investigating determinants of educational and developmental outcomes, including impacts of programs.
The Research Fellow positions suit applicants who are about to complete their PhD or have recently completed their PhD. Candidates should possess strong applied econometric skills (especially as applied to the analysis of longitudinal survey data and cross-section and panel administrative data, and/or working on field experiments) with evidence of or the potential to publish in leading general and field-specific economics journals. Applicants should also have a genuine interest in engaging in policy-relevant research and in disseminating this research to a broad range of audiences.
Applications should be submitted online through the Econ Job Market website - https://econjobmarket.org/positions?oid=1305