- Work at the cutting edge of dental technology in WA
- Level 7, full-time appointment on a permanent/ongoing basis
- Salary range: $86,801 to $96,427 plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
About the team
The UWA Dental School aims to achieve excellence in dental education, research and oral health care to the benefit of our local community and the advancement of dentistry globally. The Oral Health Centre of Western Australia (OHCWA) is a centre within the UWA Dental School. The Centre is the primary focus for oral health education, research and specialist care delivery in Western Australia. It treats over 15,000 patients a year and delivers a range of clinical and technical training programs. The appointee will be responsible to the Dean and Head of School/Director OHCWA.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Clinical Laboratory Supervisor, you will manage the strategic direction of the UWA Dental School and OHCWA in relation to its digital laboratories. You will provide expert knowledge and advice, and participate in the development of matters relating to the delivery and running of the digital laboratory within the School/OHCWA.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Substantial relevant technical experience in digital dentistry, digital laboratory platforms, CADCAM and 3D printing
- Relevant management experience in training staff and students in digital technical laboratory
- Experience in the successful delivery, enhancement or review of digital teaching materials
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Sound knowledge of current trends, developments and standards in information technology relevant to the implementation of the digital laboratory
- Knowledge of relevant Occupational Health and Safety and Equal Employment Opportunity legislation and the Oral Health Centre's responsibility under the legislation
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, innovate, show initiative and manage a team
- Ability to supervise, lead, and motivate staff,
- Ability to interpret information technology needs and recommend appropriate solutions
- Experience with 3 Shape Dental Systems and 3 Shape Implant Studio, and/or other comparable software
- Well-developed understanding of Labnext and 3 Shape applications
About the campus
We work at one of Australia's most beautiful university campuses, with some of the most inspiring people on the planet. In addition to facilities such as gym, library, swimming pool and childcare, we have great public transport links and end of trip facilities so you can ride, run or walk to work.
Closing date: Sunday, 22 September 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the Position Description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 503337.pdf
Diversity and Inclusion
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).