About the Job
In this integral role, our new Professor/Associate Professor will be a strong researcher with a national and international reputation and will contribute to research income and outputs of the discipline, aligned to the strategic direction of the Faculty. You will also contribute to the administration, leadership and delivery of the Masters of Dietetics course and ongoing curriculum development of units offered by the Discipline. In addition, you will:
- Develop and Lead a strand of relevant research,
- Supervise research students,
- Coordinate academic programs as required, and
- Convene and teach undergraduate and/or postgraduate units as required.
We are looking for an individual who will be committed to building two-way clinical and research partnerships in Australia and internationally and enthusiastic about developing the Dietetics profile of Swinburne University.
Located in the Discipline of Dietetics within the Department of Health Professions, this is an ongoing position.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5000 staff globally. Swinburne offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
The University’s mission is to be a world-class university, creating economic and social impact through science, technology and innovation. We aim to deliver future ready learners, research with impact and innovative enterprise.
Swinburne’s Faculty of Health, Arts & Design equips students to take up active and innovative roles in the world as knowledge leaders and managers of health, design, technological and social change. We are also committed to high quality, high impact research which integrates design, technology and society with leading edge research centres and a willingness, and ability, to respond to industry priorities.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Recognised degree in dietetics (from an accredited Australian program or qualifications recognised by the Dietitians Association of Australia if overseas educated), and eligibility for credentialing via the Accredited Practising Dietitian program. The successful candidate will be required to be a full APD with the DAA for the duration of their appointment.
- A research qualification: Doctorate (PhD) degree appropriate to the discipline ie. nutrition, dietetics, food science.
- An exceptional national/international track record of publications in dietetics/nutrition/food science and a capacity to communicate research outcomes, and a demonstrated commitment to ongoing research activities within the field.
A full list of the selection criteria for the Professor (Dietetics) and Associate Professor (Dietetics) are available within the relevant attached position description.
• Flexible working arrangements • Participate in regular staff and management development programs • Onsite health services • Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans.
For more information on benefits, please visit http://www.swinburne.edu.au/about/jobs/why-work-at-swinburne/employee-benefits/