- Full-time, fixed term contract for three years located at our Bundoora Campus
- Continue to enhance the quality of learning and teaching and drive the commitment to excellent student experience
- Grow and enhance the College's portfolio of learning and teaching programs
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative, highly motivated, pursue new ideas and generate knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria.
The College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce consists of four schools: La Trobe Law School, La Trobe Business School, the School of Education and the School of Humanities & Social Sciences.
It has a reputation for world class research and for expanding educational opportunities for students from across Australia and from around the world. Our researchers are innovative and impactful and are known for building strong relationships with our industry partners. Our graduates are well rounded and professionally trained. Employers rate them very highly for their up-to-date knowledge and skills.
The subjects we research and teach have never been more important. In an era of digital disruption and global competition, we focus on the critical knowledge and skills that no algorithm can replace and that provide strong foundations for success in employment and in civic life.
The College is the focal point for strategy and planning in teaching and research, and drives implementation of the University's strategic plans. The College is also responsible for policy implementation, academic staffing profile, load planning, course profile, student recruitment, and quality assurance across its Schools.
About the position
The Associate Pro-Vice Chancellor (APVC) (Learning and Teaching) is a central strategic leadership position in the College and University learning and teaching system. You will work strategically and collaboratively with key stakeholders in the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) portfolio and within the College, ensuring that the strategic goals are reflected in College courses and student outcomes.
In collaboration with Heads of School and Directors of Learning and Teaching, you will ensure that effective processes are implemented for the systematic review of courses and subjects, as well as the development of new course proposals. This position also has a particular responsibility for innovative collaboration with colleagues in the College of Science, Health and Engineering, and in particular with their counterpart APVC.
This position provides transformational leadership to develop and deliver innovative, technologically-enhanced academic programs, that are relevant and responsive to the needs of students, industry and relevant communities.
- A PhD in a field relevant to the College, together with a significant track record of excellent research publications, relevant to that field or in the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership in a broad multi-disciplinary context to foster excellence and innovation in learning and teaching and curriculum development.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively leading and managing teams as well as financial and physical resources within a large complex organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of developing trends in learning and teaching, particularly in the use of learning technologies and their applications to improve teaching.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, together with the professional and personal attributes needed to lead sustained change in a University environment.
If you are looking to be part of a high performing culture that values it employees and encourages them to be innovative and excel in their discipline/research, we look forward to your application.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 6 October 2019 by 11.00pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Professor Simon Evans, firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare, Senior Recruitment Business Partner, +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
Position Description below:
Please submit a CV and address the key selection criteria (located in the Position Description) as part of your application submission.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities: We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.