- Ref: 195115
- 5 year fixed term, full time
- $146,613 - $161,474 (ALD) plus 17% Superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
The Faculty of Health Sciences comprises seven schools, 2 research institutes and a number of research centres and has a long tradition of research informed and discipline-based course delivery in the health professions.
The Faculty is passionate about education and research and our research was rated at or above the world standard in the latest Excellence in Research for Australia results 2018. We are committed to strengthening our course offerings with research and scholarship, and our large student cohorts provide wonderful opportunities for exploring key questions about university learning and teaching.
Your new role
We have a unique opportunity for a strong academic leader to join the Faculty team as the Director of Innovation and Scholarship of Learning and Teaching (iSoLT).
You will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic, innovative leadership in learning and teaching within the Faculty.
- Delivering high quality and innovative teaching to undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students, and fostering a culture of teaching excellence.
- Leading major curriculum initiatives and pedagogical developments, sitting on accreditation panels and ensuring the delivery of high quality education courses.
- Supervising and mentoring honours and postgraduate students engaged in both coursework, and research.
- Providing leadership to a research team.
- Undertaking nationally and internationally high quality research, acting as a chief investigator in applications for research grants, and producing research outputs gaining national and international recognition.
- Developing international recognition for research through presenting at major national and international conferences.
- You will bring to the role
- A doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline.
- A demonstrated record of achievement in and commitment to excellence in the innovation and scholarship of learning and teaching.
- Demonstrated achievement in the discipline/field through the scholarly development and delivery of high quality educational courses.
- An established record of research outputs with regular publication in high quality refereed academic journals, consistent with an international reputation in the field.
- A significant record of obtaining research income, including nationally competitive research grants and/or fellowships
- Demonstrated academic leadership experience in the discipline/profession and in community engagement.
- Significant experience and record of providing supervision to higher degree research students.
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills.
What we offer you
The Faculty of Health Sciences offers exciting career paths and trajectories including: Conducting innovative work that will make real-world differences Interactions with and learnings from industry, government and academic partners What we need from you
You are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria listed in the ‘What you bring to the role’ section above.
Applications close: 10:00 PM, Saturday 28 September 2019
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Explore some more https://healthsciences.curtin.edu.au/
To apply complete the application form, or for more information contact:
Associate Professor Georgina Fyfe Dean of Learning and Teaching, Faculty of Health Sciences
Phone: 08 9266 7364 Email: G.M.Fyfe @curtin.edu.au
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.