About University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, at number 1 in Australia and number 32 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017-2018). We are globally engaged, comprehensive, research-intensive and committed to responding to the major challenges of our time.
About Melbourne School of Engineering (MSE)
Working at MSE is exciting and fast moving. We are working hard to transform engineering and IT research and teaching, guided by MSE 2025, our ten-year strategic plan. With an expected investment of $1 billion in people and infrastructure, we are creating the entrepreneurial leaders and technology of the future.
We are quite literally building tomorrow! From the new Melbourne Connect building in Parkville that will house our computing and information technology school; to an even larger endeavour where in partnership with the Victorian Government we are building a new campus at Fishermans Bend.
You will work across a broad range of activities supporting a number of our key leaders - specifically the School Executive Director (SED), the Deputy Dean (Academic), and the Head of Infrastructure Services - as we navigate our way through these exciting developments. You will keep things running smoothly for our SED and his colleagues in the leadership team through:
- diary management
- drafting documents
- preparing presentations
- updating databases and systems
- expenses and finance reconciliation
- coordinating communications
- organising travel arrangements
- managing local events and projects
You will work closely with staff across the School and will develop a thorough understanding of the School's policies and procedures to enable seamless administrative support.
You will also be part of a wider professional support team for the Melbourne School of Engineering and will collaborate with the team to deliver big outcomes.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with energy and enthusiasm who would like to contribute to the future we are creating here for the MSE, our staff and our students. You will bring with you:
- previous experience in Personal/Executive Assistant roles or experience supporting senior executives.
- excellent time management and organisational skills; demonstrated experience in successfully managing a wide variety of administrative tasks.
- strong attention to detail and an ability to review and monitor information, including financial reports, to ensure proper records are being maintained accurately.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of capability in producing PowerPoint presentations and Visio diagrams.
- extensive experience using an electronic diary management system.
- excellent computer skills including a good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite as well as the capacity to learn and use in-house administrative database systems.
- demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and utilise a high level of initiative with a demonstrated ability to formulate, develop and implement new ideas.
- demonstrated capacity to maintain a high level of discretion and sensitivity when dealing with confidential matters.
- ability to work collaboratively, positively and flexibly in a busy environment of rapid change or growth with changing demands, and experience in collaborating and coordinating with project teams
What we offer you
We offer flexibility, whatever that may mean for you. Many of our benefit programs and onsite amenities are aimed at supporting you - including generous leave, child care subsidies, discounted parking, medical and health care. We offer extensive opportunities for personal and professional development and we'll support you in doing what you love.
If you're curious, motivated and ready to undertake a challenging and rewarding role we're ready to meet you.
How to Apply
Apply online, complete the application and upload your Cover Letter and Resume.
While we review your application, get to know us by visiting http://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/about/join-mse/why-join-mse