- Teaching & Research or Teaching Focused role on early childhood and primary education
- Fixed term appointment until March 2021, based at the Shepparton campus
- $95,432-$112,697 plus up to 17% superannuation
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The School of Education has a long and distinctive history of progressive and socially engaged teaching and research in education. The School provides for the professional preparation of teachers and educators in early childhood, primary, secondary, community, vocational and higher education.
About the role
Located in the vibrant La Trobe University Shepparton campus, you will bring to the role your experience and expertise in higher education, particularly in areas such as student experience, teaching and learning innovation. This position will be responsible for developing and delivering quality education and making contributions to the teaching and research objectives of the School of Education. In conjunction, you will deliver high quality learning experiences in early childhood education and play an important role in developing teaching and scholarly engagement with flexible delivery and on-line learning approaches.
As a Teaching and Research Lecturer you will demonstrate evidence of high-quality research and produce conference/seminar papers and publications.
As a Teaching Focused Lecturer, you will demonstrate effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching with a commitment to excellence in teaching.
Skills & Experience
- PhD, or equivalent accreditation as appropriate for the relevant discipline area
- Demonstrated experience and competence in teaching and developing curriculum, to reflect the needs of children and their families in diverse communities
- High level written and oral communication skills, with the ability to liaise with a variety of students and staff
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet set deadlines independently
- Demonstrated ability to influence the teaching practice of others
- Ability to supervise or co-supervise honours and postgraduate students is desirable
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Monday 30th September 2019 (11:55pm)
Position Enquiries: A/Prof Joanna Barbousas, TEL: 03 9479 2190 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter indicating which position you are interested in;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no. 558694 under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.