About Melbourne Law School: Melbourne Law School (MLS) is Australia's first all-graduate law faculty. Melbourne Law School was the first faculty in Australia to teach law, and awarded this country's first law degrees.
About the role:
The McKinnon Prize in Political Leadership is an initiative developed as a collaboration between the University of Melbourne and the Susan McKinnon Foundation in 2017. Awarded annually, the Prize is an independent and non-partisan award developed to recognise, reward and inspire outstanding political leadership.
The Project Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Prize program including executing complex tasks and high-level problem solving. The role will be responsible for the coordination of a robust and impactful communications and social media plan, event logistics, and general stakeholder management. The incumbent will also provide support to the Advisory Committee of the Prize program.
- A University qualification in a relevant field and relevant professional experience, and/or a relevant combination of experience and training.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and interpersonal communications, with an ability to tailor information to a number of different audiences.
- Capacity to initiate, manage and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders across government, political parties and the public sector.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating brand and/or integrated marketing campaigns, including, managing media enquiries and drafting media releases, as well as digital communications, including the use of social media and content management systems.
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills including meeting deadlines, minutes/record keeping, developing and implementing operational plans and relevant policies and procedures.
- Experience in planning and coordination of complex and high-profile events.
- Experience in running marketing and or brand campaigns
- Experience working with politicians or in political parties
- Experience working in a higher education setting
- Experience working in philanthropic programs
Indigenous Australians seeking support to apply for a vacancy are encouraged to contact the University by emailing their contact details and position number to firstname.lastname@example.org