- Part time (3 days a week) Fixed term - 1 Year contract
- $77,999 - $84,155 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
- Based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
About the role
The Research Officer is responsible for providing qualitative research and analytic support as part of a funded research project. The project is a partnership across several universities (in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, and Western Australia). The project's objectives are to understand what type of support and resources can help aid early stage interventions (grades 7 and 8) towards successful higher education pathways.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist with research development through: independent research, conducting literature reviews, obtaining ethical clearance, gathering of research materials and data, visiting schools and working with community stakeholders, data analysis, preparation of reports for specific research projects and publications.
Responsibilities will include:
Proofreading and drafting of literature reviews, reporting of research findings, ethics applications and the preparation of journal articles for publication. Engaging schools and travel to those participating/partnering schools to facilitate workshops which you'll co design. The position will also include liaising with Teachers, Students and the community. In addition you'll be required to manage and maintain relationships with multiple schools Australia wide and undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis of research data and report on your findings. You'll also organise travel/events relating to the project and other duties as requested by your Manager.
Overnight and interstate travel will be required for two weeks during March/April 2020
Skills & Experience
To be successful you will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills encompassing the ability to draft, proof-read and provide editorial advice on scholarly publications and management reports
- Demonstrated ability to produce productive outputs whilst working autonomously using own imitative, with limited guidance and supervision
- Demonstrated high level of analytical, research and creative problem-solving skill with the ability to negotiate and influence decisions
- High level qualitative research skills and a track record of publications, or clear evidence of ability to develop track record
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight and interstate to regional/remote areas for a duration of 2 weeks
Immediate start, negotiable working days.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 15th September 2019, 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Mollie Dollinger,
Telephone: 03 9479 2171
Position Description below:
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Advisor Lauren Toledo on +61 (03) 9479 5191
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 558706 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.