About Melbourne School of Engineering (MSE)
At MSE, what seems simple on the outside is incredibly complex on the inside. Our journey starts with our students and our student numbers are rapidly growing as we embark on our transformational strategy to double our output in the next ten years. Our MSE2025 Strategy is supported by our business functions including our dedicated Finance team that help keep our University moving towards the future and push boundaries which leads us down exciting paths.
We are an innovative, progressive & outward looking and we invite you to step into our world and see how great minds collide, partner, form friendships, challenge and create incredible work together.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a driven Management Accountant to join our multi-faceted and fast-paced Finance and Performance Team.
You will work in a hands-on; detail-oriented accounting role for one of Australia's largest employers. You will gain exposure to all areas of MSE, deep diving into processes across academic, research and our business units supporting the provision of budgeting, forecasting and reporting responsibilities.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist the Senior Finance Business Partner and Finance Business Partner in analysis,
- Produce and interpret data and make practical recommendations to a variety of stakeholders including our senior executives
- Assisting with month end reconciliations, journals and invoices
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports including variance and forecast analysis
- Develop management reports to assist in visibility of business performance
- Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets
- Degree in Accounting
- Have (at a minimum) already commenced your CA/CPA qualification
- Proven experience in producing management reports and analysis
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, monitoring financial performance, analysing and reporting on variances
- Highly-developed communication skills, including the ability to prepare a range of documentation and presentations for various audiences; interact with & gain commitment from a diversity of stakeholders
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to interpret data, identify trends/issues, and make practical recommendations
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, including advanced excel and experience with enterprise systems
- Experience with VBA databases and reporting and analytical tools such as Microsoft. Power BI, Tableau and OBIEE are highly desirable
You will enjoy building collaborative relationships across the business at all levels as well as thrive in a team environment that relentlessly pursues new concepts, continuous improvement and moves fast from idea to action.
What we offer you
Apart from competitive salaries, our benefits are aimed at recognising and rewarding the contributions you make. We offer complete flexibility, whatever that may mean for you. Many of our benefit programs and onsite amenities are aimed at supporting you - including generous leave, child care subsidies, discounted parking, medical and health care. We offer extensive opportunities for personal and professional development and we'll support you in doing what you love.
If you're curious, motivated and ready to undertake a challenging and rewarding role we're ready to meet you.
How to Apply
Apply online, complete the application and upload your Cover Letter and Resume.
While we review your application, get to know us by visiting http://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/about/join-mse/why-join-mse