Classification: Level E
Salary: An attractive salary package will be negotiated**
Working Hours:Full time**
The University seeks an appointment to the position of the Apex Australia Chair in Neurodevelopment and Disability.
This is an exceptional opportunity to provide academic leadership in education, teaching, research and clinical care within the University and the Royal Children's Hospital and Murdoch Children's Research Institute.
With expertise in the field of Neurodevelopment and Disability, the Apex Australia Chair will place particular emphasis on research, training, implementation and evaluation of interventions to improve the lives of children with neurodevelopmental disabilities. The Apex Australia Chair will be expected to make major contributions in the areas of research, academic leadership and professional development, and contribute to the Department's governance.
You will possess:
- A clinical qualification registrable with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Board (AHPRA)
- An internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in academia and research in the field of Neurodevelopment and Disability making a significant contribution to the advancement of the discipline
- Ability to identify and exploit new opportunities in education, research and the provision of services to the benefit of the Department of Paediatrics and the Royal Children's Hospital
- Demonstrated leadership in research, scholarship, education and clinical care in paediatrics
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, with excellence in building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) at all times
Established in 1862, Melbourne Medical School (MMS) in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences at the University of Melbourne is the oldest medical school in Australia.
MMS is committed to working with the communities we serve to improve health and advance health care. We will do this through our teaching, learning, research, clinical care and advocacy. The Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences (MDHS) is Australia's pre-eminent medical, health sciences and biomedical faculty and is recognised for its research, teaching and training and policy leadership across all these fields.
The Faculty employs more than 1,900 members of staff, attracts more than 8,000 students each year and comprises six schools; 33 departments, centers and institutes; and 128 courses. It contributes almost 50 per cent of all research conducted across the University
We offer a number of employee benefits to maximise your work life at University of Melbourne (UOM). Some of the benefits on offer are; a salary packaging scheme, flexible family friendly policies - providing generous leave and working conditions. An opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment with substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at UOM. To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
How to apply
We are in a time of expansion and growth, for more information, position description plus other opportunities please click medicine.unimelb.edu.au/about/join-the-melbourne-medical-school
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.