- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance
Advancement Fixed-term opportunity to end September 2020 Salary: $103,409 - $111,927 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas. University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
To hear about working in Advancement at the University of Melbourne, click here.
About the role
You will be responsible for delivering a range of business intelligence solutions and services, and play a key role in the Advancement analytics lifecycle. You will leverage a range of structured and multi-structured data sources to design and deliver analytical, planning, benchmarking, dashboard, modelling and decision support solutions and services
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance and management of Advancement's portfolio of Business Intelligence Solutions
- Manage pipeline of work for the BI team (the Advancement Operations Reporting Analyst + other analysts and external consultants as required) based on agreed priorities
- Extract and transform data for use in data analysis and visualisation
- Document data analysis processes, techniques, and solutions, and create procedures for BAU activities
- Manage regular auditing of critical data and take remedial action as required to improve data quality
- Gather and assess key requirements from divisions for analytical and modelling solutions to improve business processes and support decision makers
- Provide support and guidance for direct reports to generate insights and reports using CRM data and other data repositories and ensure that these reports and insights meet specifications and service expectations
- Collaborate with Advancement Operations leadership and external BI consultants to design and deliver new business intelligence solutions that meet both strategic and operational objectives
- Provide operational advice and support to the Advancement community.
You possess: * A degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. IT / Computer Science) with substantial experience or an equivalent combination of substantial relevant industry experience, education and training; * Master practitioner level experience in data querying and manipulation, particularly with data pertaining to stakeholder engagement, using languages, such as SQL, T-SQL and PL/SQL; * Professional working knowledge and experience in business intelligence (BI) reporting (Microsoft BI, Power Query etc), and data visualisations using Power BI; * Proven experience in leading teams of analysts to provide Business Intelligence support, managing workflow prioritisation and client expectations to deliver high quality services and projects; * Strong background in business requirements analysis with high level analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills and a proven track record in delivering new and novel BI solutions * Proven experience in stakeholder management in a fast-paced, demanding environment, demonstrating the ability to be flexible and to handle pressure from a wide range of clients; * Effective written and oral communication skills; * Experience and willingness to work in a diverse team environment and be a team player; * Experience working with CRMs such as Advance, Raiser's Edge or Salesforce. Knowledge and understanding of MS SQL Server Integration Services and Analysis Services, data warehousing and data lake concepts will be highly regarded, as will demonstrable experience in predictive analytics, Oracle BI, Tableau, R etc.
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions, and flexible work arrangements;
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment;
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme; and
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a copy of your CV and your response to the key selection criteria. For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria