- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas. University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
To hear about working in Advancement at the University of Melbourne, click here.
About the role
You will support the activities of the Advancement Office's Regular Giving team with the generation of descriptive, diagnostic and predictive reports and insights and providing suggestions to improve practices and produce growth.
You will focus on developing and utilising data amalgamation and enrichment techniques to perform deep dive analytics, and you will consult with and advise the team to help them achieve complex market segmentation outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Extracting data for use in contact lists, data analysis, benchmarking studies, behaviour modelling and determining segmentation methods;
- Generating insights and reports into Regular Giving initiatives, including developing analytical reports to show trends, patterns, correlations and outliers to increase philanthropic support; performing Quality Assurance checks;
- Developing predictive analytic models to predict stakeholder behaviour; and
- Providing advice on stakeholder audiences and segmentation methods.
- Master practitioner level experience in using PL-SQL and/or T-SQL within an Oracle environment to develop reports;
- A demonstrated track record of providing advice on business practice and productivity improvement based on report and data analysis;
- A working knowledge of BI tools (such as Microsoft BI, COGNOS, Oracle BI) and data visualisations such as using Power BI or Tableau; and
- Experience in user acceptance testing and data auditing.
Skills in propensity modelling will be highly regarded, as will experience in the higher education or not-for-profit sectors.
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions, and flexible work arrangements
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits † The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a copy of your CV and your response to the key selection criteria. For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria